Tuesday, October 13, 2015

New Series

Excerpt from Liam's Lessons out October 16

[caption id="attachment_108" align="alignnone" width="205"]Liam's Lessons O'Connor Series BK 2 Liam's Lessons                            O'Connor Series
BK 2[/caption]

Excerpt

“Jocelyn, did you know who I was or did you look through your security view before you opened that door? Woman, you could have been attacked by a maniac. You still need a keeper.”
Yep, nothing had changed.
“She said you were still bossy, still kind of authoritarian in your manner, and still thought women should be women should be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.”

She chose to remember him as caring, protective, the kind of man that took ordinary out of the dictionary. Darn, he is talking again without me. Pay attention Jocelyn.

Liam began to sputter. “What? Who? Kelli? She most certainly did not.”
“Sorry, my interpretation and maybe I was a bit hard. Shoes are probably okay to wear, right?”
It was discourteous to say that, but Mr. Liam O’Connor, my dream world has crashed right into reality and has left no survivors. But even though she remembered him more fondly than accurately in her dreams it didn’t mean he didn’t still have that violent effect on her. She squirmed at the realization she was damp already.
“Yep and you haven’t changed from the spunky woman who needed her bottom warmed on a regular basis. The door? Checking before opening? What have you to say about that because I can assure you that right now I am wondering if there is enough time to take you over my lap and tear into your perky bottom?”
“I don’t have to answer for my actions with you. I am a grown woman that can answer my own door as I please. And I don’t have one of those peephole things, see? Look, I have already had an assaultive incident this afternoon and so my quota is met for the day. And I am too tired to go tonight but your sister insists so I can be the buffer between you and Jake or something. There is that look again, Liam.”

She ended in exasperation at his conversation and her traitorous body.
While Jocelyn was thinking she should show herself to be self-sufficient, she went about it the wrong way and saw Liam’s eyebrow shoot up at her statement. If possible, the hard expression on his face cemented further. But Jocelyn wasn’t to be put off. Warming to her subject and ignoring the emotional flashing red lights indicating the oncoming train, she blithely continued.
“So do not think that I can be bullied, told what to do, hell, for today, I could probably bite through steel.”
Liam paused for a moment to process the information. Then he gave Jocelyn a broad grin as he leaned on the doorframe, arms folded across his chest. She remembered that smile well. It could heat her up so hot her panties were in danger of bursting into flames.
“Had a hard day at the office, dear?”

No comments:

Post a Comment