Thursday, December 10, 2015

People don’t usually disobey me... not without paying for it

TODAY I have Amelia Smarts with me to talk about her new book, The Unbraiding of Anna Brown.  Amelia, I have to say that I have read your book and thoroughly enjoyed it.


Hi, Alyssa! Thanks for having me on your blog to discuss my book The Unbraiding of Anna Brown, published by Blushing Books.

This is a sweet western romance containing a whole lot of love and a bit of old-fashioned discipline/spanking. It will appeal to readers drawn to stories about a simpler time in history, when the men were often as tough as the land they sought to tame and the women as strong as they were submissive. I hope readers will delight in the journey Carter and Anna take on the path to love, and finish the novella feeling encouraged about the happiness to be found when risking love and romance. ~Amelia

 

amelia smarts unbraiding

About this book:

Anna wanted a job but was unprepared for the emotional labor she would endure when she convinced Carter to hire her to keep house and mind his small son after the death of his wife. She discovers that the gentle, teasing demeanor she’d witnessed from the cowboy previously has been buried along with his wife, forcing her to contend with the glowering, ill-tempered man who snaps at her and doesn’t notice or appreciate her earnest efforts. She quietly suffers his apathy and impatience until a single snub pushes her to her breaking point, causing her to take drastic action to get his attention.

Carter didn’t expect such behavior from this sweet, innocent girl. It startles him out of his stupor long enough to feel his palm itching to connect with her naughty backside. He finds himself slowly drawn out of his grief and depression thanks to the gutsy, but kind female presence in his life.

Anna discovers that the return of the cowboy’s awareness and ability to care means he is on to her penchant for danger and recklessness, and he’s not having it. She finds herself getting the bare-bottomed spanking of her life, and feels loved by a man for the first time. Then he abruptly ends her employment. Anna flees, devastated and confused, and Carter knows he must straighten her—and the situation—out before he can claim the infuriating and enchanting woman as his wife.

Read what people are saying in their 5 star reviews!


I really enjoyed this sweet story about a hardened, widowed rancher and the woman who brings him back to life. Anna is innocent and plain spoken, and pours love into a broken family. Carter is tough and stoic, but a true gentleman. The punishment and courting scenes were well crafted, and I found myself falling into the story as I watched the characters walk the path that leads to love.

This short and fast-paced book is very well-written. You cannot help but get sucked into the budding romance between Carter and Anna. Everything about the story is very believable. I especially appreciated how Carter, despite his hardened exterior, always treats Anna with respect and compassion...even when punishing her. It is easy to see how Anna would fall in love with him.

I adored Carter and Anna and their journey together. This book was just the right mix of what I love in a good romance novel and it will definitely be joining my re-read list.

I wish I could give 20 stars!! This was the sweetest most innocent, yet sexy and hot and had me laughing SO hard, book that I've read all year!!

Excerpt:


Carter reproached her. “Didn’t I tell you to rest? Go lie down.”

He noticed her shoulders become tense for a moment, but she responded with insistence in her voice. “I’m fine, Carter. I just want to make some supper.”

“Absolutely not,” he said. He was by her side in two seconds taking the frying pan from her hand. “You can either rest here or I can take you home to rest there. Your choice.”

Anna glared at him. She huffed and moved to a stool at the kitchen table instead of lying down, a variance to his order that he tolerated. Carter placed a pot of water over the fire. When it started to boil, he added beans. That and some leftover bread would have to do for supper. Turning, he leaned back against the counter and looked at Anna. The stubborn way she insisted on working and the brief flash of rebellion he’d seen in her eyes had riled him. Now sitting at the table, she wore such a forlorn expression that he considered taking her into his arms again, but he decided instead to give her a scolding.

“What should I do with you, Anna Brown?”

The expression on her face changed from forlorn to confused. “What do you mean?”

“I mean that you don’t seem to know what’s best for you. You’ve come to my place in the pouring rain and tried to walk home when it’s dark. You’ve put yourself in dangerous situations multiple times with my stallion.” Carter’s scowl deepened and he crossed his arms. “Today you ran all the way here instead of going home after getting hurt, and just now you tried to work when you should be resting. I even told you to rest, but you disobeyed me.” His voice lowered to a dangerous level. “People don’t usually disobey me. At least not without paying for it.”

Anna’s confused expression evolved into apprehension as he spoke. She looked down and mumbled something he couldn’t hear.

“Pardon?”

“Never mind,” she said in the direction of the table, a trace of defiance in her voice.

Carter’s voice took a warning tone. “I’m tempted to teach you a lesson right now about your reckless behavior and what may come of disobeying me.”

Anna looked up. “What kind of lesson?”

“I think you know.” Carter opened a drawer and picked up a wooden spoon. He slapped it against the palm of his hand several times and fixed a hard look on her.

Anna stood and glowered at him. “Are you saying you’re going to spank me with that?”

“I have half a mind to. Don’t you think you deserve it?”

“No! I’m not a child, Carter. You seem to have forgotten that.” She straightened her back and moved toward the front door. “I don’t have to listen to this,” she threw at him over her shoulder.

“Actually,” he said, leaning forward and catching her arm. He pulled her back with minimal effort and got in her face. “You do have to listen. Don’t forget who's in charge here. I’m your boss, and when I tell you not to do something, it’s more than a suggestion.”

Anna looked at him with her mouth slightly open and her eyes flashing between anger and worry. She shook her arm out of his grasp and held her head higher. “Do you threaten to spank all your employees, Carter?”

I have already read this book and I wanted to add that it leaves you with a cosy warm feeling about love, loss, and hope. Read this one... you won't regret it. Alyssa Bailey

[...] YOU can purchase from these great retailers listed below:

Sell links:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Unbraiding-Anna-Brown-Amelia-Smarts-ebook/dp/B018IN7GUM/ref=zg_bs_10197_42

Blushing Books: http://www.blushingbooks.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3605

Barnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-unbraiding-of-anna-brown-amelia-smarts/1123024814?ean=2940158038600

Amelia, can you tell us just a little bit about yourself?
Sure!

I’m an avid reader and writer of spanking romance novels, usually involving a cowboy, always involving a firm hand and a scorched ass. If you were to peek inside my Kindle, you’d find plenty of spanking romances as well as books by John Steinbeck, Margaret Atwood, Gillian Flynn, and other authors from disparate genres. What all of my favorite stories share are complex characters who draw me into their struggles and successes. I’m drawn to reality TV for the same reason. I also enjoy horseback riding, short hikes, and long lectures. I live on the west coast of the U.S. with my musician husband, a sulcata tortoise, and two antisocial rabbits.

If you’d like to talk books with me or find out which of my pets wins in a race against the others, please connect with me via email, Facebook, and/or Twitter. Thanks for reading!

Email me:
amelia_smarts@yahoo.com

Friend me:
https://www.facebook.com/author.amelia.smarts

Follow me:
https://twitter.com/AmeliaSmarts

Visit my blog:
http://ameliasmarts.com/

Go to Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/ameliasmarts

Amazon Author Profile:
http://www.amazon.com/Amelia-Smarts/e/B018IRLWOE/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Thanks for dropping by. Come see us when you have your next book out, Amelia.

1 comment:

  1. I'm honored to be on your blog. It's so pretty, and now I'm ready for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete