Saturday, March 11, 2017

News from Chase Abbey

Hello my Friend from Chase Abbey,

I thought I would take a few moments to write down the latest on dit here at Chase Abbey. You would not believe the events.

First, Caroline is finally married and installed at Teague Manor, not a few hours away. Thank goodness for small favors and big brothers. Barrington put his hand in on this one but he was hard pressed before he did. Caroline should thank me for the push for I found myself sitting more gingerly for the push but Barrington loves his sister and genuinely likes Ravens so it wasn't quite the hardship my dear husband pronounced it to be.

And once Caroline was finally settled, next rolled in yet another worry. Her Grace is rather upset at the news that Barrington's brother Nathaniel has indeed married the late Lord Anthony's hostess and companion, Mary Elizabeth Harlow. I cannot adequately relay to you the concern that this action has brought with it. (Secretly, I love the excitement but not the drama. alas I don't think one can ever have one without the accompaniment of the other).

Nathaniel has always been the quiet one, the one who would step out of the fray rather than charge full on into it. Now, here we are, in the midst of a conflict he has started! Amazing how the result of one decision can turn the tide for so much more reaction. His Grace has gone silent as a stone. That in and of itself is frightening and then Her Grace has done the absolute opposite, decorum be damned. (sorry Barrington, it was the most appropriate expletive for the occasion).

Now to hear that he is bringing home much more than a late introduced bride of undetermined background and breeding, he is bringing another with them. And they intend to visit Caroline prior to arriving at a new, permanent abode, the location of which no one will enlighten me. The susp\\ense is cruel and I shall have to affect the headache or some other such equally cruel repayment later

There is a bright bit of news, however, Caroline did paint a small portrait of Nate's bride so that we might know her on sight. She is quite taken with our new sister-in-law. I must admit a liking for her face. I enclose it here for we shall meet Mary Elizabeth in the flesh soon.

With Loving Regards,

Lady Amelia Barrington, Chase Abbey

Universal Amazon Link

No comments:

Post a Comment