Tuesday, December 1, 2015

LOVING LIAM

Well, Thanksgiving was wonderful as always, and the living room is in chaos with all of the decorations in various levels of disarray awaiting some industrious soul, (no, not I) to find just that perfect spot for it.

While you muddle through the transition from one holiday to another, please remember that during this time of year LESS is MORE. Pick those specific things that have meaning to you and your family, not what you think SHOULD have meaning and simply focus on those things.

Okay, here is a tantalizing particle from book #3 in the O'Connors. This is the last book focused on Liam and Jocelyn. Ciarán and Katherine will be the next brother to tell his story in 2016. But for now, take a taste of the last book of Liam and Jocelyn's story, LOVING LIAM out Wednesday, December 2, 2015. (look back on an earlier blog for the Irish words and meanings-below, mo ghrá=my love) ENJOY!LovingLiam_500x755

Jocelyn
Just when newly married Jocelyn thought life could not get any better things began to crumble around her. She and Liam live an idyllic life on a prosperous ranch in the corner of the Bitterroot Mountains. Jocelyn knows better, but she has a secret that she’s keeping from Liam that threatens their happy existence and she knows what her traditional husband thinks about secrets. Is it worth the risk?

Liam
Jocelyn is the wife that Liam has longed for, right down to allowing him his old-fashioned way of dealing with things when she steps too far out of bounds. But she has trouble trusting him with everything. And now, something is not right and when he discovers how wrong things are , he is not sure how to handle his wife’s betrayal or if he even can.
After waiting ten years to finally have the life they have longed for, will Jocelyn choose to throw it all away to keep her secrets safe?

Excerpt:

“Jos, are you okay? I am here, mo ghrá.”
“Liam, I guess you will have to come get me, I hydroplaned into the ditch, and I hit my head on the steering wheel. I’m okay. But, I cannot get out of the ditch. I’m sorry. I am so sorry. I should have listened to you. I know you are angry.” The tears flowed. Her words garbled.
“Jocelyn, hush honey. Let me know where you are, so I know where to look.” Liam’s voice held concern, but was gentle and soothing, which made Jocelyn want to cry even more.
“Umm, I’m passed the Walter’s place, but not the Morgan’s place. Does that help?”
“Yep, so keep talking to me baby, and I will be on you soon. Keep your lights on.”
The next moments were tense as Liam coaxed conversation out of Jocelyn while he searched for her car. She was crying uncontrollably now even as he closed the distance. Once upon the vehicle, he was able to relax. He had been gripping the steering wheel so hard that he had to peel his hands off. He also thought grimly, they would be having a conversation about this event. He expected that if she were not hurt more than a bump on her head, she would be having a warm bottom session later this afternoon. He shook his head. This woman was the most exasperating woman he had ever known and he loved her desperately. She had the power to anger and excite him at the same time. What could you do with a woman like that, but be as passionate about life as she was and hold on for the ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment