Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Anniversary is Today!

My anniversary is today and I thought I would just say thank you to my wonderful husband. We have completed our 37th year of marriage and I am not easy to live with.


An author friend asked a question about traits to the group and I thought it was a good time to weigh in on my idea of qualities. these are in no specific order and obviously only really apply to us and our marriage.


Thursday the 12th. tomorrow is my 37th anniversary so I have a few ideas on what has worked for us. (not saying it is for everyone).


 

With these general rules we have had and raised 5 children, adopted and predominately raised 6 more, fostered over 220 kids, lived together-married for 37 years:


1. He was my friend before my lover/husband.


2. It is okay to look (at a nice looking girl or guy) but never okay to touch.


3. If there is a problem, be willing to share it and work together to solve it.


4. Just because we think differently doesn't mean we don't each understand the problem. Listen to the other partner. Take their advice if you can. Don't always try to fix the problem, listening is often all we need.


5. Shoot for the same goals and share your dreams.


6. Be kind.


7. Be together on the kids. His, yours, shared.


8. Love unconditionally and once earned, trust each other unconditionally.


9. Practice respect and compliment each other, let them know you are proud of who they are and are becoming.


10. Have fun. Jokes have their place and life isn't all serious.


11. Have sex as often as you can and if he wants to rule the bedroom, you are a lucky woman. And if he spanks, all the better.


12. Nothing is wrong if it is safe, sane, consensual and private from the kids. Meaning, we are openly demonstrative but do not demonstrate our kinks openly.


13. Say I'm Sorry as often as needed.


14. Take time to be alone and time to be alone together. Go on dates. Vacations, weekends, overnights occasionally- alone together.


I am sure there are others but this is enough.


ONE FINAL WORD:


To  my life partner, my husband, my lover, my all


I love you, with all that I was, all that I am and all that I hope to be.


You complete my sentences, start my day and end my nights.


There is no one more perfect for me then you.


 

 

 


 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment